EU GDPR and US Privacy Laws Compliance:
This policy, our standard practices and the other legal terms and
agreements between you and the Company are intended to comply with
the terms and rules of the European Union General Data Protection
Regulation first effective May 25, 2018, as may be amended (the
“GDPR”), and with the terms and rules promulgated by the US
Federal Trade Commission, including without limitation the
Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited
Pornography And Marketing Act of 2003, as may be
amended (“CAN-SPAM Act”) and the Children’s Online Privacy
Protection Act of 1998, as may be amended (“COPPA”). By our past,
present and intended future actions, on our website or otherwise, we
are not a “data processor”, nor are we in any way accepting the
duties or obligations of a “data processor”, as such term may be
described or defined in the GDPR.
GDPR / US FTC NOTICE: If at any time you would like to stop the collection or use of your information by us, you may opt out or unsubscribe by simply using the “unsubscribe” link or button at the bottom of any of our standard email messages to you. Keep in mind that unsubscribing or opting out in this manner may result in limitations on your use of our website, in the ongoing receipt of our services, in our ability to communicate with you, and/or in your ability to communicate with us, going forward; see Section 11 below for more details.
3. What We May Collect: Under our standard practices we may collect the following information:
4. What We Do Not Collect, Hold or Control: Our standard practices include using secure third-party payment processors for any online payments to us, and also using secure third-party email service providers for communicating with you. For these reasons, and for the benefit of your privacy and security, under our standard practices we do not collect, hold or control any of the following information:
5. What We Do with the Information We Gather: We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
6. Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, including our use of secure third-party payment processors and secure email service providers. Any of your information collected by these secure third-party payment processors and service providers is subject to their own privacy policies, not ours; therefore, you and we hereby agree that we will have no liability in connection with the actions or inactions of these payment processors and service providers.
7. Our Pledge to You: We will not sell, lend, lease or rent your information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your information to send you promotional information about third parties or the Company that we think you may find interesting. We love our users and subscribers and we will not sell or rent your email address or any other information to any third parties. Also, as part of our standard practices we do not monitor or recognize (and, therefore, cannot honor) any behavioral-advertising opt-out or do-not-track mechanisms, settings or signals, including those of your, or anyone else’s, web browser.
Advertising and Third-party Vendors: Some
of our ad networks, advertisers, social media platforms, email
delivery and management service providers or other independent
third-party vendors (all “vendors” herein) occasionally serve you
cookies as well. We do not have control over cookies placed by these
vendors. We may use advertising service vendors to help present
advertisements on the website and on other sites across the internet.
that also may be called pixels, bots, tags, web beacons, log records,
remarketing or retargeting protocols, or similar technologies (all of
these foregoing are hereby included in the definition of “Cookies”
or “cookies” hereunder) to provide you advertisements tailored to
interests you have shown by browsing on this and other sites you have
visited, to determine whether you have seen a particular
advertisement before and/or to avoid sending you duplicate
advertisements, or for other similar purposes. In doing so, these
vendors may collect non-personal data such as your browser type, your
operating system, web pages visited, time of visits, content viewed,
vendors is subject to their own privacy policies and legal terms, not
ours; therefore, you and we hereby agree that we will have no
liability in connection with the actions or inactions of these
advertisers or vendors or in connection with your actions or
11. Opting Out and Managing Your Information with Us: You may choose to stop the collection or use of your information by us by opting out (also interchangeably described as “unsubscribing” below) at any time as provided here. Please note, however, if you are a member of any of our paid membership programs or an affiliate of our affiliate program, then opting out under this policy may result in a cancellation of your membership or affiliate account(s) with us, and a new membership fee or reinstatement fee may apply if you ever want to regain access to any of our membership or affiliate programs. For this reason, if you are a member or affiliate of ours, we may, at our option, email you to verify (i) that you have fulfilled or are fulfilling your obligations under any agreement you may have with us, and (ii) that you do intend to cancel your membership(s) or affiliate account(s) with us, before we close your membership(s) or affiliate account(s). If at any time you no longer want to receive emails similar to those you are receiving from us, you may opt out or unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” link or button at the bottom of our email messages. You hereby agree that it is your sole responsibility to properly communicate your decision to opt out in accordance with this Section and this policy. You also acknowledge that your unsubscribing from one email list owned or managed by us may not unsubscribe you from every list owned or managed by us depending on how you elected to subscribe to more than one list with us or if you subscribed using more than one email address with us; therefore, you hereby agree that we may continue to send you correspondence if or when (i) you have subscribed to more than one list with us, or (ii) you have subscribed to one or more of our lists with more than one email address. In either or both of the above circumstances, it remains your sole responsibility to (i) unsubscribe from multiple lists of ours, and/or (ii) to unsubscribe for more than one email address you are using with us, as applicable. If at any time you believe that any information we are holding with regard to you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us by reply email to any email we have sent to you including the words “contact info correction” in the subject line. If you choose to unsubscribe, we wish you all the best, and you’re welcome to re-subscribe at any time.
12. Communications & Other Privacy Matters: By using our website, you represent the following: (1) that you are at least the age of majority in your nation, territory, state or province of residence, and (2) that you are hereby accepting complete legal responsibility for any person under the age of majority in your nation, territory, state or province or residence, including without limitation any of your minor dependents (any such persons herein, “your minors”) who may be using our website, and (3) if any of your minors are under the age of 13 (herein, a “twelve-and-under minor”), then you also hereby agree to in no way, either directly or indirectly, provide us with any personal data or information relating to any twelve-and-under minor. You also represent that any of your minors for whom you are providing your consent hereunder are subject to your complete and direct supervision for their use of our website and in any and all communications between or among the parties hereunder. You agree and acknowledge that any communications between or among the parties may include information that we or you consider private, and that not all electronic networks, whether online or private, are necessarily secure. You agree to hold us harmless for any non-intentional loss of, or access to, electronically exchanged and stored information. For us to maintain our standard practices updated in light of ongoing legal and regulatory changes, we reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time without notice to you. You agree to review this policy from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes. This version and last update of this policy have been effective since the date listed at the end of this policy. Some of the provisions of our Terms & Conditions and Member Agreement may affect your privacy; therefore, our Terms & Conditions and Member Agreement are incorporated herein by reference.
Legal Template provided by SimplyDoneLegal.com; Copyright © 2015-2018, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED; used here by written permission; last updated January 1, 2018.
Last updated February 11, 2018